ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Logos for McInnis Canyons NCA

Final New Logo
I was recently commissioned to come up with some ideas for logos for McInnis Canyons National Conservation Area (NCA). Above is my final design. Below is another good option I presented to the NCA managers.

McInnis Canyons is a special place because of the variety of landscapes located there. It encompasses about 123,000 acres of wild land in western Colorado. There is an array of natural arches, a 20-mile stretch of the Colorado River, and remote canyons. Also in McInnis Canyons are caches of ancient dinosaur fossils, Native American rock art, and other cultural sites.

Another concept for the new logo

The old logo had several problems:
(1) It was too complex. It had too much detail to work well in a variety of applications.
(2) It didn’t reflect the character of the local land. Land managers felt that the old logo was more reflective of Arches National Park, using its iconic image of Delicate Arch, instead of representing the unique quality of the land specific to McInnis Canyons NCA.

The old McInnis Canyons logo