ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Monday, August 4, 2008

Ideas over Utah Canyons

I was flying back to Colorado from Los Angeles a few weeks ago. The sky was crystal clear and I could see all the way down to Lake Powell and Monument Valley. I was struck by the organic shapes created by the deep canyon walls. Looking down on the canyons from a birds-eye perspective was so amazing. I also found it interesting that no matter how the canyons carved in and out in amorphic shapes, the dirt roads often continued to run parallel and perpendicular to one another. I’m looking forward to making something out of this quick sketch I did on the plane.