ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Monday, August 4, 2008

Hiking at Mack Ridge

Colorado River from Mack Ridge, McInnis Canyons NCA, western Colorado.

Matt and I went to Mack Ridge this weekend to scout out a volunteer trail work project he's planning for National Public Lands Day. Friends of McInnis Canyons, a non-profit group I manage, will be sending volunteers and is sponsoring a big BBQ at the end of the day. The trail work will add another 1/2 mile of mountain biking trail to create a loop for beginner to intermediate riders.

I was shocked to see, at the beginning of August in the middle of the desert, some tiny pink wildflowers all over the place! These flowers are less than 1/4 inch in diameter, so if you’re not looking, you could easily miss these beauties! I was surprised at how green everything was, considering the fact that it hasn’t rained in months, and it has been over 90° for more than 50 days straight (a record in this area).