ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Speechless at Ice Lake

We were climbing the last steep pitch toward Ice Lake, after already being completely amazed by a meadow below, when we crossed paths with a family who was coming down from having already visited the lake. We stopped to chat with the father, who simply said, “It’s totally worth all the effort... mmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!” He was right.

This is the bluest water I’ve ever seen in my entire life.

This is a difficult, if short, 6-mile (round trip) hike with almost 3,000 feet of elevation gain from bottom to top. When we got to the top, Matt and I spent an hour and a half enjoying our lunch of granola bars and dried mango, exploring the lake, the meadows, and the wildflowers. We even got screamed at by a couple of marmots who thought we were too close to their homes.