ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My New Paintings | Part 1

Sugar Free No. 1.
Mixed media on board. 24x24 inches.


I hope you enjoy the first installment of my paintings from 2008. I’ve completed about 15 paintings so far this year, in addition to all my design projects. Now that I don’t spend half my days commuting in Los Angeles, I’ve had more time to focus on my painting practice.

I hope you can see the 3d elements in these photos. There is a textural relief that protrudes off the surface of each board.

Sugar Free No. 2
Mixed media on board. 24x24 inches.

Everything is still so raw in my mind; I haven’t yet refined my “artist statement.” I think for now it’s enough to say that I’m profoundly inspired by color in nature. I’m not interested in making some kind of critical judgment about our culture, but I do want to offer another perspective on the beautiful things around us. Hopefully my work can make you smile—maybe it will lighten your heart.

Sugar Free No. 3
Mixed media on board. 36x24 inches.