ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Yellena James’ Drawings

Yellena James, Temple, Acrylic on Wood, 12x12 inches.

I just found Yellena James online, and her work is absolutely stunning! Some of her drawings have been seen on the Anthropologie website, and have also been featured in Vogue Australia and on Apartment Therapy.

Yellena James, You and Me, Pen and ink on paper, 7.5 x 7.5 inches.

Her drawings are mostly pen and ink, sometimes acrylic (all my favorite media too!), and they are typically very small (8.5 x 11 or smaller).

Yellena James, Honeyseeds, Acrylic on Canvas, 12x12 inches.

For a while I had been working very small, but I had gotten away from those tiny works. I don’t know why. I think Yelena James has just inspired me to revisit some of that smaller work and reengage with my old drawings.

I’ll post a couple of my own small drawings in another entry, and then I’m going to get busy working on some new ones!