ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Backpacking in Black Ridge Canyons Wilderness

Matt planned an awesome backpacking trip into the Black Ridge Canyons Wilderness this weekend to check out some rarely-visited natural arches above Mee Canyon, within McInnis Canyons National Conservation Area. We invited our friends Whit and Sarah, and we set out about noon on Saturday for a nine mile hike into the arches. We didn’t see another soul during the whole trip, and we were lucky enough to spot five different arches. We also found a patch of huge boulders on the ground that had obviously recently fallen from up high.

We camped out on a rim above Mee Canyon. It’s amazing the way everything tastes so good after hiking 9 miles with a 35-pound pack on your back!

Even though none of these arches have formal names, I decided to call this one “Teardrop.”