ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Winter Holiday on the Olympic Peninsula

Third Beach at La Push, Washington

Last week, Matt and I took a few days to visit the Olympic Peninsula’s rainforests and beaches. We stayed about 20 minutes north of Forks, Washington (yes, of Twilight notoriety!) at the Cabins at Beaver Creek, on the banks of the Sol Duc River.

 
 The boardwalk trail (about 3 miles) through the rainforest to 
Cape Alava, the westernmost point in the lower 48 states.

We were pleased that it didn't rain the entire time we were there, although we did come prepared with all our rain gear and provisions! I was really inspired by the new and different color palettes in this environment. All the different greys, greens, and red-browns are simply stunning.

 Some of the ferns in the rainforest were as tall as me!

On Christmas Day, it was snowing 
at the “higher” elevations (800 feet!).


The sun peeked out for about an hour or so one afternoon. This old moss-covered bridge was near our cabin over Beaver Creek, near its confluence with the Sol Duc River. There was so much moss everywhere, it gave me some new ideas on things to make with my twine obsession!

Now, back to the studio at Anchor Art Space to keep making more art work!