ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Anchor Art Space: My Residency / Part 1


Yesterday was the start of my 5-week residency at Anchor Art Space in Anacortes, Washington. Anacortes is a small fishing town located at the north end of Fidalgo Island in the northern end of the Puget Sound. The gallery is a beautiful space, in an historic building erected in 1891, the same year the town was incorporated.


The space is welcoming and ripe for my creativity! I'm planning to explore the symbolic metaphor of the “curtain” during my time here. I’m interested in that knife-edge of time between innocence and knowing. There is also an element of healing that will take place here, I hope.


Yesterday, some friends and I held a Shamanic ritual ceremony here to cleanse, protect, seal, and bless the space in preparation for my work here. We all set intentions for what we hope will take place during my time in the gallery. I was overcome with emotion upon receiving the love and support of my friends.


This symbol on the floor is designed to attract and catch what I will need during the next few weeks: peace, time, healing, inspiration, motivation, and love.


I will keep this small altar in the space as a reminder of all the positive energy we created and the love that surrounds me!