ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Awesome Snow Hike in the Rogue River National Forest


On our way back to Seattle from Reno, Matt and I decided to spend a few days exploring the forests of southern Oregon. We hiked out from Fish Lake and up the Pacific Crest Trail for a bit in a beautiful winter wonderland.

Mojo likes to bring up the rear!

Click on this image for a better view of Mt. McLoughlin.

The sun started to come out just as we rounded the bend to see this spectacular view of Mount McLoughlin in the distance. You can see the mountain creating its own weather at the peak. This is a volcanic area, so there are lava fields everywhere. Some of the mountains have giant craters where the tops blew off thousands of years ago.