ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Friday, December 7, 2012

McKinley Arts Center: My Solo Show in Reno, Nevada


Matt and I drove from Seattle to Reno yesterday (13 hours!) so we could be on site at McKinley Arts Center for the installation of my solo show there. I have twelve of my favorite pieces in the show.


The show looks great and Kyle and Toni (my contact folks in the Public Arts Program for the City of Reno) have been so awesome to work with. Reno is a beautiful city, too, with the Truckee River flowing right through town and snow-topped mountains to the west.


Matt did the best he could to photograph the paintings in the space. The gallery is long and narrow and in a historic building, so there were some challenges. After trying to shoot photos in this space, I think I might have to break down and buy a lighting kit so we can get better images of my work in spaces like this.