ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

My Grandma’s Vintage Fabrics


My Grandma, Violet Foushee, recently sold her house and moved into a retirement community, so the family was there trying to help her get rid of things and get organized. She has been quilting longer than I have been alive, and over all that time she collected quite an extensive variety of fabrics to use in her projects. There was fabric piled in every corner of the house; several closets were stacked with samples from floor to ceiling and under every bed were rolls of old upholstry cloth. I was lucky enough to commandeer a big boxful of my favorite samples from her collection before she had to downsize.


I recently began to use some of these fabrics in my paintings. I’m looking forward to getting about 15 of my recent paintings professionally photographed in the next month or two so that I can post them here for your viewing pleasure.