ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Weekend in Chicago


I left Colorado without my camera cable, so I'm only just now downloading pics from the weekend. My mom came with me to Chicago on Friday, and we spent the weekend being total tourists around the city.

One of the highlights was the architectural boat tour of the city. We learned about all the different styles of architecture from the beaux arts to post modernism. One of my favorite buildings was by Bertrand Goldberg. . . He was a modernist designer who believed that since there were no right angles in nature, there should be no right angles in architecture. So all his buildings have curvilinear features.

We also went to see Jersey Boys, a Broadway play about the 60s band The Four Seasons. It was fun, although we paid a lot for the tickets. I got teary-eyed thinking about how much my dad would've enjoyed seeing this play with some of his favorite music.


We spent a lot of time at the Museum of the Art Institute of Chicago... Saw lots of interesting portraits and historical heavyweights like Monet, Renoir, and O'Keefe. Then we went to the Museum of Contemporary Art where we saw an exhibit of Jeff Koons’ work. We saw the Jeff Koons Hanging Heart, but it was in bright blue. I didn't get a good photo of the blue one.

We also experimented with the el trains and found our way to a White Sox game where they were soundly hammered by the Kansas City Royals 9 to 1. We had a good time nonetheless.

Needless to say, I'm exhausted!