ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Paintings by Miriam Schapiro

Miriam Schapiro. Asian Rendezvous.

Miriam Schapiro. Gates of Paradise.

Miriam Schapiro is a Canadian-born artist (1923) considered to be a pioneer in feminist art. Her work speaks to crafts traditionally associated with women. Her work references quilting and collage, and she uses materials such as buttons, fabric scraps, sequins, lace, and tea towels in her paintings. I love this work because of its attention to detail, its complexity, and the use of vibrant color.

More images of her work can be seen here.