ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

More Grand Mesa Wildflowers


I finally got home from Chicago yesterday morning, and am feeling a lot better after sleeping most of the day. Today, Matt took me up to the Grand Mesa again so we could enjoy the wildflowers one more time this season. The weather was gorgeous today... Blue sky, puffy clouds, perfect temperature!

This is an image of the pleated leaf of a “skunk cabbage” plant. Skunk cabbage is terribly poisonous. If you eat even a bite of it you could die! I read that Native Americans used to trade skunk cabbage as a form of pest control, because it even keeps the bugs away.

On the drive home, there were some beautiful storm clouds in the distance. This area is called Grand Mesa Slopes. I love Colorado... We can go up to the mountains where it’s 70° and drive through the desert on the way home. So amazing!