ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

North Carolina Museum of Art Foundation: Art of the Auction 2011

Tangential Thinking (03), 2010
Ink and gouache on paper on panel

A few weeks ago, I submitted some of my work to be considered for the North Carolina Museum of Art Foundation’s inaugural Art of the Auction event. I just found out that my painting, Tangential Thinking (03), was chosen by the jury for inclusion in the auction!

There’s a special sentimental feeling I have about this opportunity, because I spent a lot of time at the North Carolina Museum of Art as a young art lover. As a design student at NC State University I would often go to the museum, choose a painting, and just sit in the gallery staring at it until I felt I understood something about it’s essence... And now one of my own pieces is going to be a part of the life of the institution. Perhaps, if I’m fortunate, one of my works will someday make it into the museum’s permanent collection.

My piece will be on view at the Auction Preview on May 6 and remain on display for two weeks leading up to the Art of the Auction event on May 21 at 7pm.