ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Colorful Installations by Megan Geckler

Spread the ashes of the colors, Wexner Center for the Arts, 2010

I came across Megan Geckler’s work the other day on Facebook (we must have mutual friends)... and was stunned by its simplicity and graphic beauty.

 Spread the ashes of the colors, Wexner Center for the Arts, 2010

She creates site-specific installations using translucent surveyor’s tape in various colors. The repetition of linear form within room(s) creates smaller spaces of many shapes within larger architectural spaces. The translucency of the tape and the empty spaces between strands of the tape control our ability to see from one space into the next — sometimes spaces are more open, other times they're more closed off. I love this play between openness and secrecy, and the super-saturated color is both enticing and sickening (like eating too much candy).

 Spread the ashes of the colors, Wexner Center for the Arts, 2010

Her work is on view now through February 2011 at Wexner Center for the Arts in Columbus, Ohio. She also has a piece on display at the Pasadena Museum of California Art through October 31, 2010. I wish I could be there to see these pieces in person!