ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Monday, August 23, 2010

My Portable Gallery


If you read my blog regularly, you already know I’m preparing to host my first booth at an art festival over Labor Day weekend in Breckenridge, Colorado (Gathering at the Great Divide Art Festival). I’m trying to be a good yogini and maintain a calm, patient, relaxed state-of-mind through this whole process. It has been okay so far.

Matt and I spent this past weekend doing a test-run—putting everything together to see how complex the process is. We also wanted to find out if this is a set-up I can handle alone if need-be. I got a set of Pro Panels, and a canopy tent. The whole process was a lot easier than I expected, although I did psych myself up quite a bit because I expected it to be frustrating.


The main issue I can see is that the tent is really heavy. I'm not sure I can lug it around by myself (hurray for the hand-truck!). The Pro Panels were a breeze by comparison. Each panel is relatively lightweight, and they are easy to connect to one another. Taking everything down was even easier than putting it up.

This coming weekend, we're going to reassemble the whole thing for a true dress rehearsal, complete with artwork hanging in place. We want to time it to see how long the whole assembly/disassembly process takes. I’ll let you know how it goes.