ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Sierra Nevada / Tahoe Wildflowers

Jeffrey’s Shooting Star / Dodecatheon jeffreyi / Primrose Family

Matt and I spent the last week roaming around the Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Nevada mountains in California. It was the perfect time of year to visit, as the wildflowers were abundant! (If you’ve ever read my blog before, you already know I’m a sucker for wildflowers!)

Pretty Face / Brodiaea lutea / Amaryllis Family

Mountain Heather / Phyllodoce breweri / Heath Family

I know this is a Penstemon, but I can’t seem to find the exact name in my book. I think I photographed one like this in Colorado last summer, too... and I didn’t know its name then either.

I can’t find this one in my book either.

If you know the names of these last two, I’d be so happy if you wouldn’t mind posting them so I can find out what they are!