ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Lake Tahoe & The Sierra

Lake Tahoe

We spent the first 10 days of July in California’s Sierra Mountains... The first five nights we camped in several places, hiked to a bunch of lakes, and got plenty dirty! Then the last four nights we stayed in a hotel in South Lake Tahoe where we met up with some of my co-workers for a “conference” which consisted of two group dinners. The rest of our time was free to do whatever we wanted.

Lake Tahoe

Woods Lake in El Dorado National Forest

Mojo sunning himself at Grouse Lake in the Desolation Wilderness

Little 9 lb. Mojo can hike as far as anyone, and just like everybody else, he likes to rest at the halfway point and have a snack. Preferably some cheezits, but pupperoni will also suffice.

Grouse Lake in the Desolation Wilderness

The Grouse Lake hike was my favorite. The wildflowers were spectacular (see the post below) and the lake itself was beautiful. We were planning to hike up a bit further to see another lake (I forgot the name of it), but we decided to head back down the mountain when we heard thunder rumbling overhead. Just as we began to turn back, I stepped on a patch of snow, fell through, and landed in a creek up to my knee. Luckily it was a warm day and it kind-of felt good to squish every other step down the mountain!