ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Lying in the Grass with Eyes Closed

Lying in the Grass with Eyes Closed. 13x16 inches. Mixed media on paper. 2010.

I finished up this new mixed media painting this weekend. . . I think I might give it to my friend Sarah, who is having a baby soon. It makes me think of things unknown, things floating out there in anticipation of being discovered. I want to do more pieces like this one.

I’m thinking of dying some of the cooking twine I like to use in paintings. I’m hesitant to do it though, because I already feel like I’m in a race against time. I can’t make things as fast as I can think them up. I’m not sure how to remedy that problem, but I want to see my ideas come to fruition and not just stay floating around inside my head.