ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Garden Art Experiment 01

Acrylic Tomato v01a. 8x8 inches. Mixed media on board. 2010.

If you’ve read my blog before, you know I have a small vegetable garden in the back yard this summer. I’ve never grown vegetables until now, so there are lots of interesting things going on back there.

I pulled this funny looking tomato off the plant about a week ago when it was still hard and green, and decided to try to do something with it. I coated the tomato with a liquid acrylic and attached it to this board covered with fabric (some of the fabric is new, and some is from my Grandma’s vintage collection).

 Acrylic Tomato v01b. 6x8 inches. Digital Photo. 2010.

I’m interested in seeing what happens with the tomato as time goes by. Since I coated it with the acrylic, it has already begun to shift from green to a lovely orange-yellow. I’ll post new pics in a week or so if anything happens.