ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Monday, September 28, 2009

Generous Adventure Yoga Featured in the Grand Junction Free Press

Reverse Warrior Pose

An interview with me about Generous Adventure Yoga & Wellness is in today’s edition of the Grand Junction Free Press!

Check it out:

What goods or services do you provide? I am a yoga teacher. I offer group yoga and meditation classes around town that are open to everyone! I am also pleased to offer private sessions to yoga students who prefer to practice individually or with groups of friends and co-workers.

What’s new or exciting at your place? I’m offering several new yoga classes in Grand Junction. I’m currently teaching classes at Fairmount Hall (2511 N. 12th St.) and Healing Horizons (2139 N. 12th St.). Before year-end, I will be adding new classes at Yoga West Collective and Western Colorado Center for the Arts. Check my website at
www.generousadventure.com or call for the latest schedule and locations. New students receive 10% off Generous Adventure multi-class passes!

What strategy do you use to differentiate your business from your competition? I believe one size does not fit all. I tailor each yoga class to the abilities of the students who attend. Yoga is a great way for busy moms, dads, and professionals to treat themselves to a bit of personal time that also benefits their physical and emotional health. I love giving a gentle yoga class to senior citizens, enhancing their mobility, lung capacity, and psychological wellbeing. I also enjoy offering a higher-intensity class to
athletes to enhance their performance in their sport—whether it is running, biking, skiing, soccer, or whatever!

What philosophy do you follow in dealing with your customers? “ANYONE can do yoga!” If you can breathe, you can do yoga. I welcome people of all shapes, sizes, ages, and abilities.

What can your customers expect from you? I offer a welcoming, supportive, and non-competitive environment where yoga students of all levels can come to enhance their physical and emotional health. Results of a regular yoga practice include increased self-confidence and independence, stress reduction, and improved bodily function.


Tell us a little about your background, education and experience. I started practicing yoga at the YMCA in 1999. I was immediately hooked on the feeling of relaxation and rejuvenation I felt after each class. I received my Certificate of Vinyasa Krama Yoga from Loyola Marymount University with yoga master Srivatsa Ramaswami. In 2006, I completed my 200-hour yoga teacher training at Yoga Works in Los Angeles with Natasha Rizopolous. I studied in the Yoga Works 300-hour Professional Program under senior
mentor and yoga therapist Jasmine Lieb. I’m currently studying to receive certification in Kundalini Yoga & Meditation through Golden Bridge Yoga in Los Angeles, and I have also begun a long-term course of study in ParaYoga® with renowned Carbondale-based yoga master Rod Stryker.

Happy Baby Pose

What is the most humorous thing that has happened at your business since you opened? I love to teach a yoga pose called “Happy Baby”. Every time teach this pose to a new student, it always gets a chuckle. It looks and feels just like it’s name: “Happy Baby”!