ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Essential Characteristics for a Possible Life Partner


I’ve been going through all my stuff, cleaning out everything as we prepare to move to our new house next month (!) .... So I came across this page I wrote back in 2002. I knew what I did NOT want in a life partner (thanks, exes!), but I really had to consider honestly and brutally ... What was going to be non-negotiable for me? This is the list I wrote (apparently I couldn’t count that day; it must’ve been past my bedtime!).

One thing I added later, but didn’t write down: #8 was: He should be willing to do something with me that he doesn’t particularly care about—just because he wants to make me happy. After writing this list, I was pretty hard-core about how I assessed the people I dated. The moment I had an inkling that someone did not possess the qualities I required, I gave them the boot!

One day shortly after writing this, I met Matt. We’ve been together since! I think by putting my requirements out there and sticking to them, not compromising... I actually was able to see through all the b.s. and see people for who they really were. Not that other people were bad people, but they simply weren’t the ONE.

Matt met my expectations from the beginning, and still does... even more so! Thanks, Smarty Beeswax!