ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sold! in Breckenridge

Yellow Sky
Mixed media on hardboard. 36x24 inches. 2008.

Matt and I spent the weekend at an art festival in Breckenridge, Colorado. It was a great experience — meeting other artists/craftspeople and talking to art lovers. My art was very different from anything else I saw there, and I received a lot of compliments on my work. 

Gardening at Night
Mixed media on paper. 13x10 inches. 2010.

I didn’t know what to expect since this was my first art festival, so I tried not to have any preconceived notions about how things would play out. Mostly, I just wanted to cover the costs of the space rental and travel expenses.

You Knew She Was Out There
Mixed media on paper. 13x10 inches. 2010.

I sold several of my smallest pieces throughout the event, but didn’t make any big sales until the very end. One of my fellow artists told me this happens a lot. I guess people want to review all their options and think things through before making their last-minute decisions. As I was beginning to close up shop at the end, a woman came to my shop and bought four of my pieces for her new house. While I was wrapping her pieces, another lady came back to buy one of the pieces I had just sold. I gave her my card and told her that I would love to make a similar piece just for her. I hope to hear from her soon!

Sprouts
Mixed media on paper. 13x10 inches. 2010.