ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Back Yard Garden


I decided to start a small raised bed garden in our back yard this spring. Matt helped me build the bed and then I got the dirt and seedlings from Bookcliff Gardens Nursery. Mojo is a great helper!


I just planted one or two of each plant. I just wanted to see which plants do best in our back yard. I think next year I might ask Matt to help me build another bed so I can have a bigger variety and at least two plants of each type.


We have beefeater tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper, jalapeño pepper, cantaloupe, cucumber, strawberries, and a bunch of herbs — parsley, basil, oregano, cilantro, thyme, rosemary, and lavender. I pulled off some cilantro today to make a batch of grape salsa and also a batch of tomato salsa. YUM... More photos to come as the garden grows!