ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Our House


This is our new house! It was built in 1905 and is in the historic district in Grand Junction. Next year we're going to work a little bit on the front yard to make it a little more homey.

Of course we love the historic style of the house most of all (I’ll post interior shots in another entry). But we’re continually surprised by luxuries we didn’t know we missed: a dishwasher, ice maker, washer and dryer, air conditioning. We’ve only been living here a week, and I think I’ve already washed almost everything we own. What a luxury to never have to scrounge for quarters or sit at a laundromat again!

The previous owners fixed up the back yard with a new patio and xeriscaping, which we love! Someday, we’d like to find a way to incorporate solar panels.

Another view of the back yard. My mom is going to give us her patio furniture, and we just got a beautiful fire pan so we can sit outside on chilly evenings.