ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Friday, October 23, 2009

Our House in 1964

These are a couple photos taken by the Nicholsons in 1964 when they bought the house we now own. They lived here until 2006. Mrs. Nicholson wanted to put shutters on the windows, but I don’t think they ever got around to it.

In the photo above, there is a whole part of the house in the back with a sloping roof that is no longer there. I wonder what was in that part of the house? I do know that when it was remodeled in 2006, the kitchen was moved to a whole ‘nother room, and the laundry room and a bathroom were put where the original kitchen was.

In 2006, they also opened up the enclosed front porch seen in the photo above and it’s now much more welcoming. We’re going to get some big planters for the front porch and/or a nice porch swing.