ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Friday, May 15, 2009

Recent Paintings / New Color Palettes

A couple months ago I was working on these new small paintings and I needed some inspiration. I’ve been getting sick of the color palettes I typically gravitate towards, so I decided to put all my inks in a big pile, and force myself to use whichever 3 or 4 random colors I picked with my eyes closed.

I’m so glad I did this little exercise, because I never would’ve combined colors in exactly this way; these are much subtler and softer than I’m used to. I think I’ll continue this method for a while and see what happens.