ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

More Evidence of my Wildflower Obsession

Cliffrose below the Rattlesnake Arches.

Matt took me up to hike the Rattlesnake Arches within McInnis Canyons National Conservation Area in the late afternoon yesterday. The temperature was perfect, and since it was so late in the day there was hardly anyone else around. Matt and I agree, May is the best month of the year in canyon country.

Stemless Woolybase

Cushion Buckwheat

I love this one! It looks like a little mound of fluffy pom poms low to the ground. If you bend down and get a close-up look, you can see the little red stripe on each tiny petal. It makes me think of peppermint!

Penstemon

Sego Lily