ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Be an Organ Donor: Ella Watson

 Get Well Soon (detail)

I found out this morning that my friend’s father is having a liver transplant today. I feel such gratitude and hope everything goes well for him. Being an organ donor is probably the most selfless gift you could offer to a family in need. My own dad died while waiting for a life-saving liver to come his way, which sadly, it never did.

 Self-portrait in Bile and Beets

When another artist friend, Katie Shaw, heard about this, she introduced me to one of her former art students from Virginia Commonwealth University—Ella Watson. Ella had been liver transplant recipient herself, and documented her experiences through her artwork (shown in this post).

 My First Drawing on IV Morphine (Mummy would be so proud)