ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Negative Space Drawing


This week my drawing students were focusing on drawing negative spaces surrounding various objects. One student (Doug) got inspired to not only literally draw the negative spaces around the stools, but also to play with the 2-dimensional positive and negative spaces on his paper.


We discussed the idea of “gestalt” in design/drawing when he presented these drawings. I love the way these leave as much out of the drawing as possible, while still expressing the essence of the objects. With a minimal amount of visual information, the viewer is still easily able to discern the subject of the drawings.