ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Sunday, December 6, 2009

San Rafael Reef, Utah


After having a gaggle of people over for Thanksgiving, we decided to spend the weekend with a couple friends in the San Rafael Reef in Utah. Over two days we hiked about 22 miles in Chute & Crack Canyons and Bell & Little Wild Horse Canyons.


Little Wild Horse Canyon & Bell Canyon Loop is considered the “classic” hike in the San Rafael Reef, and it didn’t disappoint! The canyons reminded me of the sculptures of Richard Serra, walking through tall, skinny passages that tower overhead, leaning this way and that. Another part of the canyon felt like walking down a water slide in the middle of a carnival fun house.

Richard Serra Sculptures


This was perhaps one of my top 20 weekends of all time... I love the desert, and can’t wait to spend more time exploring the slot canyons in the reef. Amazing stuff only about 3 hours from our house!