ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Friday, June 19, 2009

Yet More Utah Wildflowers

Delphinium, I think.

What an amazing year for wildflowers in the desert. All the unseasonal rains have given the wildflowers something to sing about! I can’t wait to get up to the San Juan Mountains here in Colorado to see the blooms up there.

We actually found the delphinium and these irises blooming in the La Sal Mountains, so I guess it isn’t technically the desert... but we literally must’ve seen 10,000 of these pretty lavender guys.

I think this is a kind of penstemon.

The cactuses were blooming by the hundreds in two shocking colors of hot pink and a sort-of mango color. I’ve never seen such prolific cactuses in all my life!