ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Leah Evans’ Map Quilts

Congregation

Leah Evans is a Wisconsin artist who works with textiles to create impressions of landscapes. She studies mapping conventions and then recreates imagined places in these beautiful wall hangings. She uses many techniques in each piece including appliqué, piecing, dying, needle-felting, and a number of embroidery stitches. I love the variety of the images she makes, even though they all still relate back to the same theme of the map.

Red Lock System

These images so inspiring—I love textiles, and use printed fabric in some of my own paintings. If you read my blog often you know I travel regularly, flying over the western states to Los Angeles for work. These textiles remind me of those aerial images I hold in mind when I’m working on some of my own paintings.

Pivotal Irrigation