ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Snowy Southern Utah from the Sky


I was working in Los Angeles this week, and was lucky enough to have a window seat and beautiful weather for the flight back to Colorado today. I think you can make out the San Juan Mountains way off in the distance.


Notice the narrow fins protruding up from the desert floor on the left... And the formations on the right look like someone just came along with a razor blade and sliced into the earth in a cross-hatching pattern.


I’m always surprised to see Lake Powell from the air. Strange gnarly shapes are created when the water fills big canyons. It looks so much different from the air than it does on the ground.


The snow on the Utah landscape really accentuates the geologic forms in the earth. Amazing!

Click on the photos to see them larger...