ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Intertwining Strands of Something . . . / No.2

Intertwining Strands of Something ... (2a). 6x6 inches. 2010

This is the second piece in a new series I’ve been working on (see the first one here)... As I’ve said before, I’m really interested in the spiritual inner-workings of our minds. Perhaps a reflection of the (im)balance of the intuitive brain and the analytical brain, my work tends to swing back and forth on the continuum between uncontrolled (chance-based) application of pigment and very precise layering of graphic elements.

Sometimes the two begin to overlap, as in this series...

Intertwining Strands of Something ... (2b). 6x6 inches. 2010

According to Yoga philosophy, there are thousands of nadis, or energy channels, that govern the subtle body. Of these, the Ida, Pingala, and Shushumna are the three most influential. The intuitive/right brain and parasympathetic nervous system are governed by Ida. The analytic/left brain and sympathetic nervous system are governed by Pingala. When these two channels of energy become balanced, then Shushumna begins to take over, offering a more direct energetic path to clarity and enlightenment.

Intertwining Strands of Something ... (2c). 6x6 inches. 2010

 Below is the entire triptych as one piece:

Intertwining Strands of Something ... (02/Triptych).
6x18 inches. 2010
Click on this image to see the whole triptych up close.