ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Exploring Bolam Pass — San Juan Mountains

Wildflowers near Bolam Pass

Exactly six years ago, Matt and I spent 10 days roaming around in the mountains of Colorado on our wedding trip. Back then we were driving a rental Toyota Corolla, so we couldn’t explore the 4x4 roads. We came back to the San Juan Mountains for the weekend to explore the area more thoroughly in our new truck... We stayed in a campsite along Barlow Creek in Cayton Campground, about a mile from a dispersed site where we camped in 2003.

We drove up to Bolam Pass to catch the late afternoon sun. Looking out toward Sheep Mountain, San Miguel Peak, and Grizzly Peak.

Aspen Daisies (aster) near Bolam Pass

Whipple Penstemon at the Greysill Mine site near Bolam Pass

Cow Parsnip is one of my favorite wildflowers. It stands about 5 feet tall and often grows in meadows with the equally-tall Subalpine Larkspur (delphinium).