ABOUT DANIELLE FOUSHEE

I am an artist. This website features my work and highlights some of the varied
inspirations that inform my creative practice. Read more about me here.

Check out my facebook page or follow me on twitter at
@ArtistDFoushee.

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Mari Andrews Sculpture & Drawings

Plexus. Color softground etching on
Hosho paper coated in beeswax. 1998.

Mari Andrews is a California artist who is inspired by her lifelong passion for drawing and collecting to create small sculptures built from wire, pine needles, branches, and other linear materials. Many times her small sculptures are grouped together on a large gallery wall in a narrative way.

I’m inspired by this work’s simplicity. I appreciate the imperfections in the materials, the compositions are so natural and have a spontaneity that is refreshing. As a graphic designer, it’s so difficult to make work that seems effortless, whether it’s in my commercial work or my paintings, so that makes Ms. Andrews’ work that much more impressive!

These are beautiful!

Imbricate. Color softground etching on
Hosho paper coated in beeswax. 1998.


Untitled 1318. Baseball and wire. 2006.

Untitled 1216. Wire and tree moss. 2003.